Cathy S. Flanzig - Partner
Born: Huntington, NY 1960
College: George Washington University
Law School: Benjamin N. Cardoza School of Law
- New York Courts, 1987,
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of New York, 1995
- New York State Bar Association,
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association,
- Nassau County Bar Association,
- Nassau Lawyers Association,
- Nassau-Suffolk Trial Lawyers Association,
- Women Bar Association of the State of New York
Nassau County Supreme Court Mediator 2004 - present
Ms. Flanzig has been an active litigator in New York for the past seventeen years. She heads up the firm’s Mass Tort and Class Action practice including the Dow Corning Breast Implant Litigation and the 1993 World Trade Center Bombing Litigation. She also headed the plaintiff’s steering committee involving the notorious 1993 Colin Ferguson shooting aboard the Long Island Railroad.
Her practice includes many issues that are uniquely significant to women, including failure to diagnose breast cancer as well as the failure to provide adequate security or protection that results in sexual assaults or attacks on women. In addition to practicing general negligence, Cathy has concentrated in insurance coverage issues, including Uninsured Motorist and No-Fault Coverage disputes.
She heads the firm's Appellate Practice and has successfully argued cases in the Appellate Division of the State. Ms. Flanzig has recently been appointed as an official Court Mediator in the Supreme Court, Nassau County to serve on a Panel of attorneys chosen to mediate significant personal injury cases.
Published Decisions of interest:
- Magness, et al. v. Glandorf, et al., 171 A.D.2d 652, Appellate Division 2nd Dept (1991)
- Worldwide Insurance Group v. Wing, 202 A.D.2d 682, Appellate Division 2nd Dept (1994)
- Kelleher IV, etc., v. F.M.E. Auto Leasing Corp., etc., 192 A.D.2d 581,Appellate Division 2nd Dept. (1993)
- Northern Assurance Co., LTD., et al., v. Nick, et al., 203 A.D.2d 342,Appellate Division 2nd Dept (1994)
- Licker, et al., v. Brangan, 177 A.D.2d 547, Appellate Division 2nd Dept (1991)
- Berotte, v. Hiram, et al., 173 A.D.2d 754, Appellate Division 2nd Dept (1991)